Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Driving...

overwhelms me a little. Due to chronic hand pain, I put off learning to drive for A LONG TIME. I got my license last year, so I have been driving for a while, but only locally, so my experience is very limited. So it was quite the adventure driving for over four solid hours, followed by driving through the city...at night, to make things even easier. The first part, through the wilderness, was pleasant enough, while the latter portion was terrifying, though not as bad as I had suspected. I said many a desperate "oh God!" (prayerfully, mind you) as cars darted to and fro. I followed carefully the advice of Papa and Max, who gave oddly similar speeches about remaining confident, and going with the flow. I think I need a St. Anthony bumper sticker :)
I am extremely fond of my sweet-tempered new car.........I have a feeling she will be a very dear friend over the next few years.

I followed my mommy the whole way. And yes, that helped with nerves *sheepish grin*

Maddelyn and Sarah (behind the camera of course) were my charming travel companions. We enjoyed spending several hours chatting and catching up on each other's thoughts, and recent experiences. And we all sang at the top of our lungs. It was a wonderful opportunity for quality time.

No comments: