Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boating!

Also on my last day at home, I had the wonderful experience of going boating with all my siblings (excluding Matthew who is on a Switzerland adventure), my dad, and a very generous friend with a boat.

It was a gorgeous day!
Maddelyn helped Malachy apply sunscreen



Malachy was thrilled for an opportunity to drive "All by Myself"

There was a smorgasbord of food :)


I love this picture!!!!!!! I love my dad!!!!!!!



Everybody got a turn to get towed. It was extremely fun! Garrett and Sarah took the prize for daring (gulp), but I was able to go surprisingly fast myself. We used a smaller floatie than shown in the above picture, and I held on with all my might. Ironically, after surviving water up my nose, swinging in a wide circle, and bouncing on turbulent waters, I fell off the moment the tube came to a dead stand still.


Maddelyn was a bit grouchy when she "had" to take a turn. she sat in the center, refused to hold her feet out, and went about as slow as the boat could manage. She "proved" herself later on though :)


My sweet sisters


Garrett on the test run. Hang on!



I felt such an interesting combination of exhilaration and peacefulness. It was a perfect "last day"



Thank you so much, Terri, for sharing your boat and your time. We were all so excited.



Cruising Along

The scenery...



...was exquisite. The water was so cold it knocked one's breath out. Needless to say, we stopped several times for swimming. Fortunately the day was quite warm.


We even saw bald eagles, and a sandhill crane


Oh Garrett


Everyone. Exhausted, and thoroughly happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-you guys had a great time! I know where you were, too. ;-D What a great way to end the summer. We didn't get our boat out this year. Just didn't get to it.

Clare said...

Oh, it looks like so much fun! Isn't boating just so deliciously wonderful? One of my favourite aspects of summer.

Matthew said...

Thank you, for posting all this so I can savior it as well. Mebe some day soon i will post pictures of Boating my Swiss lake, I have to take them first, though.